Friday, January 27, 2017

Another effing weigh-in

I began my umpteenth (and most expensive) weight-loss program on November 1st.  I lost 17 lbs. by Christmas!  And then it stopped and I've been volleying around the same .2, .4 and .5 pounds every week since.  Up one week, down the next, no change on another.

Let me disclaim right here that I did this one because a male coworker was having great success doing it.  He was a big boy when he started a while before me and he's down about 50 lbs. now.  Fucking figures, doesn't it?  Let a man eat a pound of bacon and he'll lose 5 lbs.  OK, envy aside, the program works if you hardly ever eat out, don't drink alcohol and rarely touch a starch.  So if your life is such that scheduled meals work every day for you, you too will probably lose a lot.

That scheduling thing worked for me until the end of last year.  Even through the holidays, I did OK.  Then my social life filled up with weekend parties and evening events, work increased, and that's all she wrote.  I haven't been down a fucking pound in a month.  'Have those events,' they say, 'just adjust your fruits and starches the next day.'  Without exercise, no amount of adjusting is effective.  'You will lose weight even without exercising,' they claim.  My ass!  Losing the 17 lbs. involved exercise.  Not a lot, I'll admit that.  Seemed like as long as I got 30 minutes every other day in, that's all it took to keep my metabolism going.  But truly and without excuses, I honest to God don't have 30 minutes every other day for ANYTHING except my job, let alone work out.

This is not a post to explain and complain my way out of being weight loss stalled, but I know you're out there, people in the same boat.  You get on that damn scale every day even though you know that's not a good thing to do.  I get on it every day at home and twice a week at my weigh-in.  How much does that suck?  'Oh look - no change. . .AGAIN.'

I give myself props for all I did in the past year leading up to this program, including that month with a personal trainer and the sugar detox.  I still use some of what I learned at both and you can read about it in "Going Natural," "Breaking Training," and "My Healthy Year:"  http://www.womannewspapers.com/brenda-tadych

Well, let me go cancel today's weigh-in because I'm not taking the hour and a half I need for every appointment with them until I'm down in pounds.  I'll exercise it off, sometime.  I had a goal when I started this of losing 10 more lbs. in what would be 14 more days.  Not likely to get the whole way there, but maybe I will.  If I can work off tomorrow's banquet and after-party.

One last note for the other working stiffs of the world:  I get it with that not-having-time thing.  I'm pushing 96 hours for my 2-week paycheck IF I don't work overtime today.  IF I don't ha Ha hA ha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment