Friday, February 24, 2017

That first Spring-like day - Ahhhhh. . .

There really is a psychological condition called Winter Blues.  There has to be because earlier in the week everything, in general, was darker and gloomy.  But these past two days, with abundant sunshine and warm temperatures, I swear, I was cured the instant I stepped outside and took a breath.

The daffodils (or crocuses?) have blasted through the ground for the world to welcome them.  Half of my Valentine's flowers are still looking beautiful and have been transplanted into a new vase.  I'm ready to make vacation plans for the rest of the year.

I wish I had drapes that blow in the wind instead of vertical blinds.  Don't you love seeing your curtains blowing around when the window is open?  I love that same as I love the smell of laundry detergent when I'm walking past a home.  Childhood memories, I guess, but I can't remember them exactly.

There's a bird outside repeating the same "cuh caw" relentlessly.  He's happy about this day too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment