Friday, February 24, 2017

My Biggest Loser challenge - Weigh-in #1

My employer is challenging the company to a Biggest Loser program that goes until May.  Down 3.2 lbs. from the initial weigh-in.  Good start considering that girls night in over the weekend with the booze and junk food, and that spaghetti dinner I had last night.

I think my coworkers may be looking to me as an example since I had success with that last thing.  I'm on one team and the guy who lost 65 lbs. is on the other.  Weigh-ins are Fridays, so I started a Friday morning routine:  I take a 1.2 mile walk around some warehouse buildings before work, getting that little extra in before the weigh-in.

There was a time when walking 2 miles got boring, no challenge.  Not so much any more.  There was a time when I could do 45 minutes on the Nordic Track.  Those were the days I long to get back to.  It's probably over-goaling to say I want to lose 80 lbs. because truthfully, I can't say with certainty that I'm willing to work that hard.  I can say I want to lose 50.

And then there's Jesus.  I'm not a practicing Catholic, but Lent begins next week so my penance will be giving up some breads; specifically, sandwich breads and buns, dinner rolls, breadsticks and biscuits.  It's win-win:  I practice self-discipline and I keep those calories off my ass.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment